Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I love being a mom!

We have certainly had an interesting month! Both the good and the bad of it, and I am still thrilled to say, that I am happier than I have ever been- I love being a Mom!

A few weeks ago, it finally snowed in the North, so we took a trip up there with some close friends and their daughter, I was stoked to post pictures that would rival my Utah friends (and this month, my Va friends as well!). We got close :)


We have come to the conclusion that we should start posting pictures of Orian in all of the places that he has slept. He has seen more than most three month olds (tomorrow!!!), except, he hasnt actually seen them...the little bugger is fast asleep. He reminds me of the You Tube guy who does his little jig in different places all over the world and posts himself online. We have Orian sleeping, all over Israel.


A week and a half ago, we took Orian for an emergengy visit to the Dr.s office when I found blood in his stool, turns out the poor guy has been suffering from a lactose allergy, which is why he has been in so much pain since he was about 3 weeks old. I immediately stopped all intake of lactose products and I can finally say that he is doing great! Almost no pain...though he didnt gain any weight this month, but that is likely from the side effects of all of the lactose I put into his little body :( He is healthy and happy, though, so I am not worried. More than anything, I am thrilled that he is not in pain anymore!!! Such a trooper!

Other than that, Idan and I have been doing brilliantly! We are getting back to normal now and are very happy to have time to ourselved in the evenings because Orian has a pretty predictable schedule (he has since the day he was born, it was just interupted by pain and lactose allergy). Its great to have time to just cuddle on the couch and have time to be with each other. Now he is in reserves for a night, so I actually get some time to myself today. Its pretty weird not having to cook dinner and feel like I need to get things done, but I could get re-used to it! I decided that when I am ready, I will leave Orian with his Dad and Grandma and take a day at the Tiberias Hot Springs and splurge on a massage. Who knew that babies knot up your entire back!

So, I think I will go relax now. Enjoy the pictures!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I am so grateful your posting- Orion looks different than how I usually see him in Skype... you know what I mean! I am so happy he is doing better without lactose- but I want to hear how your doing !!!!

what can you skype - Friday morning- my friday morning???

Clark Family said...

Great photos of your little family! I'm back the second time to see them... love you lots!

Jenny Allen said...

What great pictures! I love them! Bummer about the lactose issue - I hope he outgrows it! Can't believe he is getting so big - he is probably about 7 months now?