Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Homecoming

First of all, how do I answer your comments without making another comment on my blog? This is specifically for you, Amy and Candace...

So... then I came back to Israel (and, as previously mentioned, to a very sexy hubby). I had 15 wonderful hours to relax and unwind from my trip before returning to "real life".

Next morning I started my new job, working at a very prestigious think tank here in Israel, well known for its employee turnover and difficult management. I was ready to face the challenge (which I think I have done a really good job at up until now, and am proud to not yet have taken being yelled at personally).

I actually really like my new job. I am bored out of my mind, writing letters and working on fundraising and logistics all day; but when it comes right down to it, it is giving me exactly the kind of knowledge that I, as a Safra, need to shape up and get organized. As we all know, I am the Queen of Procrastination, and organization is not one of my Pages. So this work is really good for me.

The problem was, and still is, that I am in the middle of exam and paper writing period. For those of you inexperienced with the Interdisciplinary Center Masters program, in its first year, we as the guinea pigs have gone through hell over the past few months, having to write papers and take exams while studying 30 hours a week, and in my case, until I went to Hungary, worked full and part time.

Luckily for me, back in those good old days, I could do most of the work for my full time job from home, leaving me able to sneak in studies on the side. Plus, in classes, I could continue working on my papers and studying for exams. I thought I was the busiest and most overworked that I could possibly ever be (and you all know how busy I normally keep myself).

Yeah…now…not so much. Now I am working full time, in an office where I must be here each day. I have work from both Spring and Summer semesters that need to be done by October 1st, and I have no classes where I can ignore the Prof, and get school work done. Needless to say, this period has managed to top my last busy period by far. Seeing as I got all of my complaining and tears out last week, I am not going to complain anymore…just stating the facts.

I am complete with the situation, though. There's really nothing I can do, but go along with it. I know that it is not possible for me to finish all of the school work by the end of September, so I will do what I can, and trust in the fact that we will be given extensions on whatever is left over.

Idan has been wonderful throughout this period, and not once complained that I cant spend a lot of time with him, or that I need to stay at the library till 1900 (when they kick me out). And luckily for me, he has to go to work at 0630, which means that I can easily go to work and have 2 hours to study before work starts.

So that’s been my life lately. Now that we are all caught up, I will probably get back to my random rants about life and the situation over here. Fun stuff.

Anyhoo…seeing as I haven’t yet been busted for writing this during work, I think I shouldn't push my luck (I write this with a big ole' mischievous grin on my face ;) .

So, my happy self will get back to work now…and I want to make one thing clear, I am really happy, just overwhelmed, so don't go worrying about me or anything!!!

Later y'all!

No comments: