Saturday, September 26, 2009

We had a great short hike today, which nearly beat me...for the first time in my life, I almost thought that I might not make it to the top. But I did, huffing and puffing and Idan barely started to breathe heavily.

I have wanted to walk (or in my non-pregnant days, to run) up this hill for years...it has always called to me; so today, as Idan and I were on our way to some prehistoric caves, I offered to him to walk up the hill with me and skip the caves. I was pretty sure that he wouldn't take the bait, as he keeps remndng me that I am one foot out the door of the hospital and he thinks I am taking ths pregnancy thing too lightly (we were actually right in the middle of that exact discussion). But then, all of a sudden, he pulled the car over at the hill. The bastard called my bluff!

Of course, as stubborn as I am, there was no way that I intended to pass up this opportunity! So up we went, Idan practically skipping his way up and me huffing and puffing with frequent breaks, wondering why I had to get myself into this one...



Once we got to the top, I couldn't even stand anymore and just plopped down right where I was. But what a great feeling! finally did something that I had wanted to do for five years, and it was well worth it!




The hike lasted less than 15 minutes each way and within a half hour, we were back in the car and on our way home. Idan got what he wanted, I got what I wanted, and we go a couple of heifer shots along the way. How fun!

So for all of your viewing pleasure...Safra the heifer, Eight and a half months...I don't promise
beauty, but at least you get a tummy!

4 comments:

Amy B said...

the brown dress picture looks bigger than the side shot- maybe because of the belly button. but nice babe! keep it up~

Unknown said...

Yeah, that dress makes me look huge! Thats actually why I took the pic in it, as Mom keeps telling me that I look the same as I did in december whan she saw me last...

Jared said...

You are beautiful and the landscape is beautiful! You can stop with the heifer stuff.... I'm rooting for you as the baby gets here! I know it's not easy but it is so worth it..! I'm excited for you and Idan--cute parents!

Jared said...

Sorry Safra I just realized I am logged on with my husbands account so you get these comments in his name. but it's really me Candace!!