Thursday, September 11, 2008

Home is (definitely) where the heart is

I would like to share my "awakening" for the day. As you all know, sometimes I get really annoyed with this country. Of course I love it, but who of you hasn't heard of my impatience with the corruption of the politicians or the drivers that I swear got into their cars that day in order to run a person over (we are number two in the world for killing pedestrians with cars) or the fact that I have to fight…just to keep my place in line…

Anyways, as I was driving home from a very long day at work, I started enjoying the miracle of a bright African orange sun setting against the beautiful greenery of the orchards, and a song came on the radio. This song was taken from a Hebrew prayer:

עושה שלום במרומיו
הוא יעשה שלום עלינו
ועל כל ישראל
ואימרו אמן

I cant exactly translate, but something along the lines of:

Make a high peace (ie for Him)
He will make peace upon us
And on all of Israel
And We say Amen

As the song came on, with the glorious sunset in the background, I started feeling the feelings that had overcome me for so many years. I'm home, this is my home, and these are my people. Then came the killer, right there in front of me was a bunch of Israel flags softly waving in the air. I teared up, and for a split second, forgot about the corruption, drivers, lines, hate, terror.

I thought of only one thing. I am home, this is where I belong.

Then I realized, that clearness…that is the sane Safra talking. I always know that this is the only State where Jews will always be welcome (I hope, Abba), and I always remember that I am home, but I get jaded sometimes…people are just so silly, but I am home, and there is not better feeling in the world, than to remember that. I am home.

1 comment:

Amy B said...

do you have a camera- I would love some pictures- or should I just go look at facebook