Monday, September 8, 2008

My amazing husband!

I am a proud wife! My husband has reminded me of yet another reason why I love him so much, and I would like to share it with you.

Last week, Idan called me and told me that there was a domesticated rabbit living at the house that his company was working on, which the previous owners had left behind, and the new owners didn’t want. The new owners told him that he could catch it and take it.

Of course, we have absolutely no need for another animal in the house, and if anything, could do with one or two less. Nonetheless, he decided to try to catch it and bring it home. On Thursday, he couldn’t, so we returned on Friday, but I guess the owners were having a pool party (What right does anyone in Israel have to own an individual pool when we are already below the black line and the pump levels in the Sea of Galilee??!! But that’s a whole other rant, and coming from the hypocrite who enjoyed one of her rich friend’s pool a few months ago, but still...)

So, come Sunday, and I decided not to bring it up. Later in the morning he told me I had something to play with when I came home…my mind immediately jumped to…other things, and after a few minutes of messing with me, he told me that he managed to catch the rabbit. Imagine two grown men chasing a little thumper all around a yard. It makes me laugh.

And I got the pleasure of coming home yesterday to a new, though hopefully not permanent, member of our little happy family. I am the proud wife of a softie, who will not let an animal in distress suffer alone. I am so lucky! AND, now I can use it against him when I bring home the random crows, pigeons or critters…

So, I am really proud of my baby for doing what a lot of people would not do, and he didn’t even consider the other option.

No comments: